If you have some extra time and would like to assist patients and their families, be a part of the Amara Hospice Team by volunteering your time. Amara Hospice will provide each volunteer with the tools and training necessary to become a part of our caring hospice team.
Our team members provide the highest quality of service and care to our patients and their families.
- Share your special talents or hobbies: cooking, baking, reading, music
- Respite for the caregiver
- Spiritual & Emotional support (Legion of Mary-praying for the ill and end of life) prayer groups, bible study, and rosaries.
- Bereavement Support: telephone calls, visits, & attending funerals
- Activities: errands, light meal preparation, yard work, housekeeping, pet caring and feeding
- Clerical Work: reception, filing, mailings, data entry
- Special Projects
- Public Relations
- Community Activities
- Youth Volunteer Opportunities